PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments?

capt willard
10-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Trekie was talking about possibly starting to have regular tournaments when you guys were deciding to put up new servers. Are you still considering it? I think that would be fun as hell. You wouldn't even need prizes really. I just want bragging rights over......Hans.

I said it.

capt willard
10-06-2010, 07:46 PM
And speaking of: how about a 5v5 with a totally random draft for teams? You could end up with a ringer squad or a challenged crew. I don't know...just throwing stuff out there.

Crazy_Mtf
10-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I think this is a great idea!

BUT!... yeah I know... ALWAYS a but... anywhoo.... I think it might have to wait till we get settled in and everything. I mean Trekie's working really hard on the forums, Diehr on the servers, and everyone else on the population of the servers to everything in between.

Vent server will/does? have enough slots for a 5v5 match. And I think it would be really fun and great to have 5v5 of randomized teams from PTC and possibly the regulars. It would give even more popularity I think :). Only thing is, to get a private server :/. Maybe Diehr's rig would be able to host a little 10 man server?

Diehr_Wolf
10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
10 man is nothing for server stress. That'd be easy.

Pooh Bear
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
OKay okay i can only be on one team guys.... Who ever is willing to do the most for me i will join your team! ;)

Im not that arrogant lol

Crazy_Mtf
10-06-2010, 11:27 PM
The server can handle a 10 man yes, but when you have 2 other servers say, 24 mans it's more stress. The problem even then isn't the machine. It's the internet bandwidth :). And I think it would be a great idea to put the names into a "scrambler" and see what happens :) would be fun for anyone who wishes to do so.

C4NDYM4N
10-08-2010, 10:30 AM
i have been wanting another tourny for years......the last one was a blast......maybe some of the old timers will come out of the cracks again....

Panda
10-08-2010, 11:29 AM
i am down and i don't want poo on my team cuz i will own him and he can suck it!! well put panda, why thank you panda... <---i am having a conversation with myself. :shock:

C4NDYM4N
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
last time the ptc doods were the team leaders and werent allowed to be on the same team if i remember right....that way you guys dont sit around grabbing eachothers asses and not play :P

Lord_Trekie
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the tourney I remember was one PTC led/had a team with 4 regs or whomever. lol, I ringed for one of GarbageBagNinja's matches, on train lawl. Fuck train.

Illuminatus
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Lawls I remember when garbage slayed you, kicked you, and banned you just because when you had bomb you didn't go the way HE wanted. He lost his mind and was sooo raged. God that was funny.

Crazy_Mtf
10-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd rip him a new one lol