PDA

View Full Version : Get to know your PTC!

Diehr_Wolf
07-31-2012, 12:57 PM
When I first found PTC, there were about 7 servers, and several of which were mod-zones. My favorite server I frequented was the Classic GunGame server, with Belfus Rogue as its admin. I remember getting along with him right away, as he was just the right size of meat to stick my knife into for stealing kills, and helping me win games. Belfus had approached me a few years into his embarrassments, to ask how I felt about PTC, and coached me on what I needed to do to get in. The biggest milestone for me was getting into those combat zones (which I still hate even today, yes…) to get my kills to 5000, to be eligible to apply to enter the clan. For about a month and then some of constant harassment by Belfus, Zerosin, and many other members, I eventually reached my goal, and got my vote.

At the time I joined, PTC was heavily into competitive gameplay and had some of the best players around for their CAL teams. I admit I felt a little out of place at first, because I wasn’t into competitive gameplay on that level, but everyone was always understanding and supportive when it came to different ways to contribute to the clan, so that feeling of uselessness didn’t last long. Over time, some members have had disputes over contribution like who is doing more for the clan, while others left, but I know we’ve always contributed to PTC in our own way.

Like anybody else, we of course have had our bumps in the road, from how we’ve treated each other, to the incident with our clan leader, but in the end, we’re still here and stronger as a group. My favorite thing about PTC is of course the people. I’ve never met a more relaxed, understanding, and supportive group of people in all my years of online gaming. To all of our brothers and sisters who’ve moved on because of real life hardships, or to other games or activities, or because of these disputes, just remember the one true statement that will always remain here: PTC FOR LIFE!!! I hope to see you all again someday.

To my fellow members, I encourage you to post your experiences too! :pride:

Canadian Bacon
07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh boy... I will be returning to this thread in the near future.

Prepare yourselves... A literary marathon is coming.

`CB

Easy
08-02-2012, 05:02 PM
For the life of me I cant remember why I downloaded steam, I think it was counter strike articile in some guy's mag at work, that I started playing. Then I had to find a good server with next to lag from a small canadian town. The first one was some Vancouver one that I played for a year. Then WOW until the burning crusade came out then back to CS. I hit the search and poontangclan was there for combatzone 1 " I like poontang!!!"" Says I.:welcoming: I never made the 5000 kills with that KDR but did help those that did by providing a great target!! Every kill I'd be how the fuck??? Must be the crappy internet!! Wait then alive maybe get one or two. Now toss in two crazy kids and camping season and im on for maybe 30 mins after work. Maybe see you guys when the new game comes out. Save a slot lol :devilish:

Fox
08-02-2012, 06:26 PM
My favorite server I frequented was the Classic GunGame server, with Belfus Rogue as its admin. I remember getting along with him right away, as he was just the right size of meat to stick my knife into for stealing kills, and helping me win games.

Nice story this part needs to bring back belfus and gungame so i can be number 1 on that server again.

Diehr_Wolf
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Nice story this part needs to bring back belfus and gungame so i can be number 1 on that server again.
You mean number 2? You'll never surpass me on my turf! lol

bunnypotomus
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
of course, diehr is the one who got me going on css, and ptc. i remeber my first time playing ( as ME not diehr, i had played like 2 or 3 rounds as diehr, then he bitched about me f-ing up his score and that i needed to play as myself) diehr had hooked up our projector screen for me to play on in the front room of our apartment. i go about 2 rounds in, im pretty sure i team attacked someone for some dumb ass reason ( or becuase i thought they were the other team...did that alot...alot alot!) and they bitched at me for it, so i bitched at them back...told them to" get back to playing the fucking game"..pretty sure i called them a moron as well. then all of a sudden i got banned from the server. so i shout to diehr
" i cant play anymore"
" why not?"
" cause ive been banned from the server...what the fuck ever that means. shit wont let me connect!"
" YOU WERE BANNED? for what??!!! what did you do?"
" i dont know, told some asshole to get back to play'n the fuckn game and to leave me alone"
" who'd you say it to??!!"
" i duno....bel-something- or other"
" BELFUS??!! YOU BITCHED OUT AN ADMIN??!!"
" i dunno...maybe, ....whats an admin??!!!"

....aaaaah the good old days...... LOLOL! been com'n back ever since...well, after bitchign about belfus for..what..a year " that guys playing again? im not playing with that ass whole!" LOLOLOL now i love Bel to peices!!! LOLOLOL
.....i think that story made me sound like a douche bag.....

irish
08-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I suppose Ill make write one of these eventually....

Diehr_Wolf
08-05-2012, 10:28 AM
so i shout to diehr
" i cant play anymore"
" why not?"
" cause ive been banned from the server...what the fuck ever that means. shit wont let me connect!"
" YOU WERE BANNED? for what??!!! what did you do?"
" i dont know, told some asshole to get back to play'n the fuckn game and to leave me alone"
" who'd you say it to??!!"
" i duno....bel-something- or other"
" BELFUS??!! YOU BITCHED OUT AN ADMIN??!!"
" i dunno...maybe, ....whats an admin??!!!"

I can't believe you remember that almost verbatim. You're lucky Belfus is such a nice guy, I think anyone else would have kept you banned. I never did give you your paddlings... >=)

capt willard
08-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh boy... I will be returning to this thread in the near future.

Prepare yourselves... A literary marathon is coming.

`CB
Let's go...I want to see this magnum opus

capt willard
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I wish I could tie a date to the time I first found the PTC servers, but I'll have to assume it was a bit after Diehr found them. I joined up after getting prodded into trying CS without any knowledge of the game whatsoever and stumbled onto the PTC servers since they were full, and close to AZ. From the get go I could tell the PTC servers were different. The was chaos in them AND order. No horrible language, etc. the mods had things under control. It was a nice place to play, a great place to be a noob. People I remember seeing a lot back then were JDog, Z, Shinobi, Easy, Karl, Hans, Valley, Fem, Belfus, 'Natus plus all the non-members from then. All daily players in CZ1. I am not sure if the competitive guys were still doing their thing; we saw them rarely. I knew that there were sideshows to CZ1 like the GG crew and the little click of Surf players.

Now, when I play in another server and hear everyone giving each other shit, the back and forth, the hilarity, I admit I am saddened that CZ1 isn't rocking, but at the same time all I really hear is all of us, noobs/competitive players/girls/guys/freaks/geeks once again having a little CS party. If it is not to be like that again, at least it really was once. And still is in my head.

irish
08-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I wish I could tie a date to the time I first found the PTC servers, but I'll have to assume it was a bit after Diehr found them. I joined up after getting prodded into trying CS without any knowledge of the game whatsoever and stumbled onto the PTC servers since they were full, and close to AZ. From the get go I could tell the PTC servers were different. The was chaos in them AND order. No horrible language, etc. the mods had things under control. It was a nice place to play, a great place to be a noob. People I remember seeing a lot back then were JDog, Z, Shinobi, Easy, Karl, Hans, Valley, Fem, Belfus, 'Natus plus all the non-members from then. All daily players in CZ1. I am not sure if the competitive guys were still doing their thing; we saw them rarely. I knew that there were sideshows to CZ1 like the GG crew and the little click of Surf players.

Now, when I play in another server and hear everyone giving each other shit, the back and forth, the hilarity, I admit I am saddened that CZ1 isn't rocking, but at the same time all I really hear is all of us, noobs/competitive players/girls/guys/freaks/geeks once again having a little CS party. If it is not to be like that again, at least it really was once. And still is in my head.
Ah the Surf server, I had lots of good times with that one!

Canadian Bacon
08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Let's go...I want to see this magnum opus

One of these days when I have a bunch of spare time... Its going to take me a while - I've got 6+ years to chronicle...

Illuminatus
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Its hard to pin point the beginning. It was before all the different servers, we had cz1 cz2 and cz3. If one was full you were kicked to the next. Peek times saw both cz1 and cz2 full with a dozen or so in cz3 waiting for a spot in one of the others. Zortos and Camping Karl were on every night before they made PTC. Around noon bloodwolf was always playing waiting for people. Normally it was me or Matador that joined him first. I got into deathmatch with 8ball and with B!tch Gravy for awhile. I came back to cz1 and fought to get my place in PTC. Once in I loved scrimming and joining CAL on team 2 with Wrongway, Bacon, Saint, Belarus, Cell, and a couple others. Took some time off for personal reasons and came back to a different clan. Team 1 left while I was gone and there were some other bad blood dramas going on. Z stuck with it and I stuck with him. Well, here I am today still here reading the forums everyday and waiting to see people on our server so I can jump on and play.

notifiwroteyouasymphony
08-10-2012, 12:20 AM
friend had the game, only played it at his house, we both left parents houses and moved intogether i got a comp we played all day, i was actually pretty decent at the time and took it seriously

quit playing for a bit moved to vegas decided to play again stumbled into the PTC server using the name "ifiwroteyouasymphony" hitting on all the ladies as per usual, there was a azn girl whose name was PTC-eatme from vancouver cutest voice ever (later saw pics and quite cute to look at as well) i got banned for harassing her even though i dont think she really minded, so then when unbanned i came back incognito style with the name "notifiwroteyouasymphony" so everyone would know that im not that guy...... genius 17th level thinking right there

comp wasnt really good enough to handle source so i just came in to flash some noobs, tmp heads, knife fools, and practice my hittin on the females game

you guys should sneak into diehr and hunnys house some night and just watch hunny sleep, she looks so peaceful and smells like a field of daphodyls (no clue how to spell that but who cares that one flower yo)

diehr snores though so bring earplugs or an ipod or something cuz it really ruins the moment

capt willard
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
friend had the game, only played it at his house, we both left parents houses and moved intogether i got a comp we played all day, i was actually pretty decent at the time and took it seriously

quit playing for a bit moved to vegas decided to play again stumbled into the PTC server using the name "ifiwroteyouasymphony" hitting on all the ladies as per usual, there was a azn girl whose name was PTC-eatme from vancouver cutest voice ever (later saw pics and quite cute to look at as well) i got banned for harassing her even though i dont think she really minded, so then when unbanned i came back incognito style with the name "notifiwroteyouasymphony" so everyone would know that im not that guy...... genius 17th level thinking right there

comp wasnt really good enough to handle source so i just came in to flash some noobs, tmp heads, knife fools, and practice my hittin on the females game

you guys should sneak into diehr and hunnys house some night and just watch hunny sleep, she looks so peaceful and smells like a field of daphodyls (no clue how to spell that but who cares that one flower yo)

diehr snores though so bring earplugs or an ipod or something cuz it really ruins the moment

Completely remember your early days, Symph. The name caught the eye.

FlapjackWizard
08-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I randomly found the PTC "Surf's Up!" server a long time ago when I very first started playing CS:S, under the name TandemToast. This was actually the first surf server I ever played on, and religiously played on it because of the wonderful peeps. I still am in contact with a lot of the people that frequently played on the server, actually. The mods and PTC members I met on there were Zerosin, SiDiX, and Turbo Diesel. I still keep in touch with SiDiX, Zero has unfortunately had an incident since then so I have really heard from him, and Diesel plays here. I remember Diehr had gone on there a few times, but never really had a good time. The Surf server was great, but things started to go downhill eventually.

After the Surf Server and portions of PTC went down, I played on the Combatzone server a bunch. Those were fun, too, but I had strayed away to different games which got me out of touch... mostly because I didn't want to deal with being killed by Crazy Mtf, Rocco, and Hans Gruber :sorrow: all the time, ha ha. The GunGame was born in the PTC name and I had fun there.

Now I occasionally come back to play and screw around. TACTICAL BEARS

C4NDYM4N
08-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Ooooo its story time.....but first I gotta laugh at bunny for hitching at belfus. Bwahahaha. K then...I actually played half life 2 first cuz I was bored and loved the graphics. Played it over a few times and refused to play CSS. I was an sof2 player and we all hated counter strike anything cuz it was a slow ass freakin game. A buddy told me if I liked the half life graphics is really bust a nut over CSS. So I finally installed it and checked the server list and ptc dominated the top of the list so I jumped on cz3 first...and my phone is freakin dying so ill leave it at that for now...andalso...SUP BISHES

capt willard
08-11-2012, 10:41 PM
TACTICAL BEARS

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Cand!!!

Panda
08-13-2012, 07:48 PM
For me it all started at one of those Lan places by my house. Bunch of friends would go after school and play for hours at a time (1.6 days). my cusin who went by the name SoY-eL-bAtMan bought the game and when ever i would go over his house i would play all day while he was at work. He only played on PTC servers so i followed in his foot steps but he hated me playing under his name because i sucked and he was crazy good hahah! so i started with the name SoY-eL-rObIn... i would love playing on the servers mostly CZ1 because thats where all the bad asses would be. Could never give the game up since then.. i have changed my name a few times "SoY-eL-rObIn = robin = billythekid = Illest". i love PTC and i love the all you people!!! PTC4Life!:congratulatory:

Illuminatus
08-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Holy shit I had no idea you were robin...... interesting

irish
08-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Alright, So it all started one day when I decided that 1.6 was good, why not get source, It can only get better right? Well needless to say, I went through many servers, trying to find a little humble aboad to call home. I wandered through a lot of shitty servers with douchbags, bad players, hackers, stupid admins, etc. I was on the border of giving up when I finally stumbled apon the ptc servers. I was just getting into the surf mod at the time and turns out ptc had one of those servers as well! I played many an hour on the cz1 and cz3 servers, but my main squeeze at the time was surf. I would play a few rounds of cz then I just had to get my fix, and the surf server was where I fed my addiction. I remember playing with Lucky, the banker, kabenzi, turbo, baba, baba's fatha, and all the others on the surf server. It was a great time every night, and it kept me coming back! Back then I rolled with the Alias, Whitey and before that I had a name we wont discuss on here cause Im to embarrassed to mention it because its so 12 year oldish :/ . Anywhoooo, then things started going down hill, so I took a break from css, got an xbox, made friends in school blah blah blah. And Now here I am again! I know you guys are so happy I am here!!!! muahahhaha

Wellconnected
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM
I MISSED PTC!!!!!! I first found the servers, back when I was happy to get 1 kill and 50 deaths, back in like 2005 or 2006. Yes the PEOPLE were what kept me coming back for more. I remember you Diehr long before you were a ptc guy!

Diehr_Wolf
08-22-2013, 08:27 AM
I only remember stabbing you several times in GG :)

Wellconnected
08-23-2013, 04:55 PM
lol probably cuz I didnt even know what a knife was back then

Are there no PTC cs gungame servers...:( iplay on dogz but my ping there is awful 95-125

Diehr_Wolf
08-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Nope. No GG anymore. Couldn't get it populated.

Wellconnected
08-26-2013, 09:37 PM
that sucks