Welcome to the PoonTang Clan.
    PTC Member

Thinkin about a server

so im kinda thinkin about gettin a 20 man server. mostly because i would like a place to practice and because i would like a place for us to play when we all decide to fuck around. i remember bunny and deihr had problems last time, i think cuz of location if i remember right so i wanna know everyones input on where a good local would be.

That's very thoughtful of you Candy
    Honestly, until we get off Comcast, it won't matter much for us. The problem is with them, no necessarily where you would rent a server from. We're getting a new ISP soon (they're building the tower this month, and once construction is finished, we're...beta testing it We should have a better connection in the next month of two.)
    As for the location, I think west coast would be best, simply because most everything pipes there anyway, so you're bound to get the best rates/pings in that area. California over Washington...
    Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

PTC Member
    Do we have any east coast peeps? I cant remember

Just me for east coast, and a couple others maybe. But honestly don't expect it to get populated for very long.
    Especially with the match making and the free public servers people use.

PTC Member
    I will play! also wont it rotate people threw? not really sure how this whole GO stuff works yet. I have given it a real try and found i like it a lot though!

PTC Member
    Ya im not really worried about filling it up. Its more for when we all do want to get on, and i want a server for when me and a few peeps wanna test out some nade strats and stuff. I dunno how long Ill keep it up. All depends on the financials, but it will be cool for a bit.

no hellsent the pub servers work the same as in source. theres just a competition mode now where you get matched up with another team of 5. makes lookin for a scrim a shit ton easier lol. You get ranked on that and all this jazz. A few of us registered with faceit if anyone else is interested. its a league, earn points, win prizes

PTC Member
    i forgot i had a desktopcomp...haven't updated ram/cpu since...2000? won't be playing much anytime soon