Welcome to the PoonTang Clan.

Request to get unbanned

Hello,

I am the player who uses the Steam name BANORRACHY. I was recently banned from the PTC server for supposedly using "antirecoil". I do not cheat and I never have. I've been playing Counter Strike for ten years now and have delved in to competitive play quite a bit.

I reviewed the demo provided (what a great system of organization!) and saw that I was mouse happy at worst and I dance my crosshair around a bit. Beyond that, my kills were either through precise aiming for a head shot or through random controlled sprays.

I may get lucky or be on a roll at times, but I will never cheat. I enjoy playing on the PTC server and would appreciate the ability to continue playing on it. If there is anything else I can do or provide, please let me know.

Thanks!

PTC Member
    Thank you for approaching this in a courteous manner. Your demos will be reviewed by many of our members and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please continue to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Bany View Post
    Hello,

I am the player who uses the Steam name BANORRACHY. I was recently banned from the PTC server for supposedly using "antirecoil". I do not cheat and I never have. I've been playing Counter Strike for ten years now and have delved in to competitive play quite a bit.

I reviewed the demo provided (what a great system of organization!) and saw that I was mouse happy at worst and I dance my crosshair around a bit. Beyond that, my kills were either through precise aiming for a head shot or through random controlled sprays.

I may get lucky or be on a roll at times, but I will never cheat. I enjoy playing on the PTC server and would appreciate the ability to continue playing on it. If there is anything else I can do or provide, please let me know.

Thanks!
    I actually banned you because I remember you being banned on our old servers/banning list. Not so much because of the demo taken. Though it was still very curious with the scenes in the demo when you ran-jumped off the apartment ledge, and still hit I think it was HAMMER 3 times while in the air. Then mid in the demo while rushing A, what could be a lucky shot on the people behind the boxes on the left of the ramp, and by CT spawn. I banned you because I saw something suspicious, that normally I would get a second opinion on, but far more that I remember you being on our old ban list.
    I've just consulted with a couple others, and although they recall something similar, the result was the same of I can't be 100% sure. I've gone ahead and unbanned you, and I just want to say, that was probably the most polite unban request I've ever seen... kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehr_Wolf View Post
    I actually banned you because I remember you being banned on our old servers/banning list. Not so much because of the demo taken. Though it was still very curious with the scenes in the demo when you ran-jumped off the apartment ledge, and still hit I think it was HAMMER 3 times while in the air. Then mid in the demo while rushing A, what could be a lucky shot on the people behind the boxes on the left of the ramp, and by CT spawn. I banned you because I saw something suspicious, that normally I would get a second opinion on, but far more that I remember you being on our old ban list.
    I've just consulted with a couple others, and although they recall something similar, the result was the same of I can't be 100% sure. I've gone ahead and unbanned you, and I just want to say, that was probably the most polite unban request I've ever seen... kudos.
    I appreciate this, Diehr_Wolf. I can't recall getting banned on PTC servers before but I wouldn't doubt it. I commonly get accused of hacking and although it is somewhat flattering, I find myself quite sensitive when players say that I'm cheating (it bums me out).

I hope to not have to post in this section of your forum again

Thank you again!

Hello again,

I figured I may as well not start a new thread for this request. I was just banned by Capt Willard for wallhacking in your CSGO server. Once again, I would like to reiterate that I do not cheat and never have. The accusation this time around appears to be wallhacking. I've kept an eye on your new CSGO server for a while, hoping that it would be populated some day. Today I was happy to see that there were a few people playing, so I joined. Within the cycle of a map I was banned. I'm not sure what Willard saw that made him think I was cheating- my crosshair placement should not have appeared any different than any other experienced player, and my score was on par with other PTC members in that game. I realize this is only a 1 week ban, and considering the PTC server in GO is regularly empty it's not a big deal, but it still bothers me that I would get so quickly accused of cheating, and that it would be acted on as such.

Thanks for your time.

it will be looked into

You are unbanned. I'm sorry that the ban happened again and I can't promise it won't happen in the future. I will say that people may or may not demo your play style to gather evidence, I know you say you don't cheat and I don't really have an opinion on it as I haven't had the opportunity to play with you in our server.